2016 International Stage Performers (Corner of Ames Street & Main Street):
List of Performers
House Selector, DJ SMOOV
- 12:00 – 1:00 PM DJ SMOOV
- 1:00 – 1:45 PM Zili Misik (Haitian Roots)
- 1: 45 – 2:15 PM Guest Featured DJ
- 2:30 – 3:15 PM Heirloom Seeds (Reggae)
- 3:15 – 3:45 PM Guest Featured DJ
- 4:00 – 4:45 PM Somba Lolo (African Roots)
- 4:45 – 5:15 PM Guest Featured DJ
- 5:30 – 6:30 PM King Ilabash (Reggae/Dance Hall)
2015 Carnival Performers
King Ilabash – Dance Hall/Lovers Rock
- Hailing from St. George’s, Grenada, King Ilabash, has worked hard over the years to achieve recognition in the music industry and to earn the admiration and respect of fans and fellow musicians alike setting his own foundation as the Dancehall King. With his smooth reggae vocals, down home attitude, and cross-genre musical style, King Ilabash displays a realness and originality that is all too rare in the world of reggae music.
- This island boy is a triple threat: song writer, artist, and dj. As a song writer, this lyrical genius doesn’t follow a specific songwriting formula or focus on one particular message or vibe. Instead, each song reflects a different experience within the greater context of King’s story. As an artist, his signature is a well choreographed vocal style that features smooth reggae verses, infectious melodic hooks and intricate soulful harmonies. The King brings his own technique and personality to the stage with lyrics that touch on a wide variety of subjects in which his listeners can relate. As a dj, for over twelve years, King has the ability to move the masses. He has played at countless premier events throughout the east coast.See more at www.kingilabash.com.
- JAH-N-I Roots Band is a world-renowned reggae, roots & culture band that utilizes it’s versatility and talent to continue to spread the positive, conscious messages that are necessary in today’s society – with a customized delivery that caters to the listeners of this day and age. JAH-N-I Roots Band is committed to spreading the conscious messages of peace, love and unity to the masses around the world. Jahriffe’s passion for seeking truth and wisdom has been combined to inspire and create the soulfully artistic delivery of The JAH-N-I Roots Band (pronounced JAH IN I). Hailing as the lead vocalist in one of Boston’s finest, past and present; the award winning JAH-N-I Roots Band has made a permanent mark in the genre of roots reggae, with a melodic R&B soul twist for the past twelve years. JAH-N-IRoots Band was formed in 2001 and released their first album in 2005 – titled “Rastafari Love” which received huge attention from around the world, in the states and overseas in other countries such as Belgium, France and Germany – just to name a few. One of their tracks titled “Food” was also featured on a youth development program called the Citizen’s School.
- Through the years JAH-N-I Roots Band has been actively involved in the musical arena. Jahrifffe performed acoustically in the documentary “Discovering Rastafari” – which was displayed in the Smithsonian Museum in Washington D.C. While maintaining the humility that has held the vision of this band together over the years; JAH-N-I Roots Band has been privileged to combine the talents of Berklee music school students along with the individual contributions of the foundation and additional band members – Simon Rochester, Felix Fantasia and Derek Wood who all cultivate an expertise that allows them to share the stage with such legendary acts as Steven and Ky Mani Marley, Midnite, Anthony B, Mighty Diamonds, Freddie McGregor, Queen Ifrica and Tony Rebel. The talent and versatility of this band commands an audience presence that speaks to the style and message of the music.
- JAH-N-I Roots Band has been nominated for the Boston Urban Awards for Best Roots Band 2007. JAH-N-I is a roots reggae band that carries a diverse sound from players of instruments to singers of songs. This band is a great example of a melting pot of Rastafari in its true essence and its influence on the world. This is a band that would relight your wick if it were to ever go out.
- A sexy chick playin’ a mean horn and singin’ too? That’s Kelley B.! Her band, Hot Like Fire, has emerged as the most sought after, authentic reggae party band on the New England music scene for 25 years now…celebrating their 25th anniversary this year! Winner of the 2014 New England Urban Music Award for Best Caribbean Band. Kelley B.’s earthy voice and original sound have taken their latest release “Forward” to another level with catchy, singalong hooklines and positive messages.
- A native of Massachusetts and a graduate of Berklee College of Music, Kelley annually spends time performing on the island of Trinidad and throughout the Caribbean while nurturing Hot Like Fire in Boston. They draw 600+ fans every Sunday during the Summer months at Surfside on Salisbury Beach. New England Performer Magazine says Hot Like Fire is “energetic, upbeat, and highly addictive”.
- Hot Like Fire is a well-respected Boston icon…a hot, exciting and fun reggae band that always leaves it’s audience calling for more. Just wait til you hear her blow that horn! Yeah yeah!